Trapper Rudd and Paul Hansen prowl the shallow lagoons of Santa Rosa in the Yucatan for giant snook!
A Few More Tips and Tricks!
1. The wind speeds up and slows down the current. The best current is a strong one for any river jigging.
2. The Detroit River is 32 miles long, and drains out in 20 hours, so in 8 hours you will drift 12.8 miles.
3. The best time to fish rivers is when fish are migrating, no matter what the species. They could be doing so to spawn or feed.
4. The current on the bottom is slower, which allows fish to turn to hit the bait
5. North winds muddy up Lake St. Clair upriver, and in turn creates poor clarity down the Detroit. Find the clearest water possible.
6. Always watch the graph for clutter on the bottom few feet of the water column. If it looks sterile, move somewhere else.
7. Studies show there is only half of a degree difference in water temp from top to bottom in the river, so when the surface is 44 degrees, they are spawning
"Fallin for the Miss" is showcasing sport fishing on the Mississippi River in Ontario. We are truly blessed to have such fantastic fishery right at our doorstep. This clip features the usual suspects that are to be caught this time a year. The smallmouth bass are gaining girth and feeding aggressively, the Walleye really seem to enjoy the cooler days of fall too, and pike are lurking around every corner all year long.
Autumn is a wicked time to be out and about, not just to awe the breath taking spectacle when the trees are changing colour, also the cool and crisp mornings and noons are very much welcome after a hot, hot summer.
The fishing seems to go in to overdrive as everything is preparing for the coming winter.
More about Bassassins
XCalibur Xcs200 Pumkin seed ( what an amzing shallow crank this is!!!!)
TriggerX Flappin Grubbs on a splitshot rig
Rublex Veltic nr.4
Rappala Xrap Shad Shallow
Capt. Blair heads to St. Augustine to fish for cobia but ends of finding tripletail with Capt. Jason Keating.
RIG IT RIGHT
7'2" Blair Wiggins Inshore Flats Blue rod
Wright & McGill 3000 Sabalos reel
10 lb FINS Original PRT
20 lb Seaguar Premiere Fluorocarbon leader
DOA Lures #309 1/4 oz Shrimp
DOA 1/16 oz CAL jighead
This video explains which circle hooks we use when targeting sharks. The smaller hook is a 12/0 Eagle Claw L2004 Circle Sea. We use this hooks for smaller sharks (under 8ft). This is best hook to use for surf casting rigs. It's a great hook for blacktips as well. The larger hook is a Lindgren Pitman 18/0 circle hook. We use this hook when targeting shark species such as hammerheads, bulls, and tigers. It's a great hook and it's cheap!
Fishing Tips - Haywire Twist:
Fishing Tips - Double Haywire Twist:
Double Hook Shark Rig:
From the Oliver Edwards DVD on nymphing techniques for clear water. In this promo, Oliver follows in the footsteps of one of his heroes Frank Sawyer and shows us something of the skills needed for sighted nymph fishing. For more information and Oliver Edwards fly patterns go to www.essential-skills.tv
Capt. Blair travels to Brunswick, Georgia to fish for redfish in the grass on the flood tide with Capt. Scott Owens.
NEW SEASON ON SUNSPORTS
FRIDAYS @ 10:30am ET SUNDAYS @ 9:30pm ET
RIG IT RIGHT
7'9" Blair Wiggins Flats Blue Inshore rod
3500 Wright & McGill Sabalos reel
20lb FINS Original PRT
30lb Seaguar fluorocarbon leader